Thursday, February 5, 2015

Snowmen Clay Pots

Snowmen Clay Pots

Materials Needed:

1. Different Sized Clay Pots. You will need one clay pot for each snowman. For my project I made a family of 3 Snowmen

2. 4 Double Sided Knitting Needles and or Small Round Knitting Loom
3.Regular Knitting Needles



4. White Styrofoam Balls 


5. Different Colored Yarn

6. Hot Glue Gun

7. White, Orange, Brown, and Black Acrylic Paints


How to Make:

1. Take the different colored yarn and knit small scarves. I used 10 stitches for the biggest snowman, 8 for the medium, and 5 for the smallest snowman. However, I would just eyeball it out to the size that you think fits the best. In addition, at the end cut smaller pieces of yarn and using a crochet needle added fringe. Do whatever you want though! Make your snowman family unique!
2. Next, using the Round Knitting Loom and 4 double sided knitting needles I made the hats. I used the loom for the two bigger heads. You may be wondering why I am using two same sized heads. It is because the craft store's next smallest size looked too small on top of the clay pot so I had to use what  I could find. Then using I believe using as much stitches to wrap around the small head, I used the 4 double pointed knitting needles. 
*If you don't know how to use knitting needles or the loom here are some websites that will help you learn. However, you can always improvise and use felt or other fabrics. I found these videos very helpful. *These aren't my videos, they are fellow crafters on youtube!*




3. Using the white paint and a paint brush, paint the outside of the clay pots white. Do not worry about the inside or the top of the clay pot. Those parts will not be seen. 
4. Next, using the hot glue gun attach the styrofoam balls to the top (well in this case bottom part) of the clay pots
5. Then again using the hot glue attach the hats and scarves. 

          


6. Lastly, using the black, orange, and brown add the Snowmen's features (Mouths, Eyes, Nose, and Arms) Also if you have buttons laying around I used the hot glue gun to attach some buttons to the front of the snowmen. You can also use paint or whatever you want!

Finished Products!


               

Hope you enjoyed this tutorial of how to make these adorable snowmen! Feel free to comment with questions or even future ideas for tutorials!


No comments:

Post a Comment